5 Tips To Motivate You To Lose Weight
So, you want to lose weight, but sometimes feel a lack of motivation. Maybe you want to know what others are doing, so that you have something to start from. Personally, I’m driven by social cues. So, here are five tips that I’m sure will motivate you to lose weight.
1. I like to impress my friends. Better said, I like to prove that I will follow through. I used to be big once. Okay, I was fat, no doubt about it. Well, someone said that someone of my size could never lose fifty pounds. They implied that I just didn’t have the willpower. Well, I’ll prove them wrong, I thought. And that desire for social vindication spurred me on.
2. Self-actualization. That is, you should want to lose weight so that you’ll become a better person over all. Losing weight will reinforce your self-esteem, prove your willpower true, and bolster your ability to progress. If your weight is standing in the way of your goals. losing it will allow you to surpass them. Be motivated.
3. Healthy living is long living. If you want to live a long life, you should maintain a healthy weight. Hence, try to eat right, since 90% of weight loss has to do with diet. So, look for analogs. Rather than going for crunchy chips, eat carrots. Forget soda; spring for vegetable juice. Look for alternatives and take pride in enjoying them.
4. Set a goal. Let’s say you want to be able to run 5 miles at a time. Let’s say you want to be able to run, period. So, keep a daily record of how far you move. By writing it all on paper, you’re able to directly visualize what’s going on. That’s definitely a motivating tool that will aid in your weight loss.
5. Lastly, think about how others will benefit from your losing weight. If you have children, you can go outside and play with them. Run with them. Jump with them. And through it all, feel fit and able. If you have a significant other, consider how they’ll enjoy long walks on the beach. By thinking about how others will benefit, your goal becomes more altruistic, and that can help you all by itself.
That’s it; five easy suggestions that anyone can implement on their way to hitting their goal. Give them a shot, and watch the pounds fall off. Trust me; you’ll be glad you did.
Article provided by ezCater – the easiest, most reliable way to find and order Atlanta Catering.