Breakfast For Dinner: A Great Weeknight Meal
There is something comforting about eating breakfast for dinner, and it is a fun idea that families and friends can enjoy making and eating together any weeknight. You can be creative in choosing breakfast items that one does not usually serve together, or you can make a traditional breakfast for dinner. You can make simple items ahead and allow diners to make choices from a breakfast menu that you design yourself. The possibilities are endless and limited only by your imagination and available time, but here are some ideas to get you started.
Creative Breakfast for Dinner Choices for Kids
• Alien Pancakes – Drop batter on griddle in fun alien shapes. Add raisins, dried cranberries or chocolate chips to make the creatures facial features, or decorate your aliens hot off the griddle with fresh peach slice smiles and blueberry eyes.
• Teddy Bear Waffles – Spread warm waffles with peanut butter and drizzle with ribbons of honey. Serve cut in fourths for easy pick-up by little fingers. You may substitute jam or jelly for the honey.
• Breakfast Burritos – Start with scrambled eggs and a small flour tortilla. Add favorite breakfast foods like sausage cut in pieces, crumbled bacon, shredded cheese, hash brown potatoes, chopped tomatoes, bell pepper or onions. Serve warm
• Individual Breakfast Pizzas – Use flattened canned biscuits for individual pizza servings. Add favorite toppings like scrambled eggs, cheese, chopped Canadian bacon, mild salsa. Bake according to biscuit temperature instructions but only until crust edges brown.
Family Breakfast for Dinner Ideas
• Breakfast Casseroles – Find a good recipe that incorporates breakfast foods your family enjoys. Most use eggs, potatoes, breakfast meats and cheese. Serve it buffet style with an assortment of toasts, muffins and fresh fruit.
• Family Size Breakfast Pizza – Start with a prebaked pizza crust. Spread lightly with alfredo sauce. Top with favorite breakfast meats, vegetables, scrambled eggs or sliced hard cooked eggs and finish with shredded mozzarella cheese. Bake until cheese melts.
• Omelets – Make each one personal with choices of cheeses and meats. Add vegetable choices like mushrooms, onions, peppers, tomatoes or spinach. Serve with toast or English muffins and fresh fruit for a well-rounded meal.
• French Toast – Cut French bread in strips, dip in egg and milk mixture and bake on hot griddle. Top with cinnamon, powdered sugar, fresh fruit, applesauce or whatever toppings your family likes. Serve with bacon or sausage too.
Whatever food you decide to serve for your family’s weekday breakfast for dinner, be sure to compliment this cheerful special occasion with fun, colorful paper plates and napkins for easy clean up.
Written by ezCater.com. Use ezCater.com to find businesses like Dothan catering to cater your next meal anywhere in the country.