Kegel Exercise For Both Men And Women
What is the Kegel exercise?
This exercise is also called the pelvic floor exercise and it has been suggested by many doctors. This is an exercise that you can do anywhere and anytime without anyone noticing that you are doing it. The Kegel exercise involves the muscles on your pelvic floor. There are many benefits you can get if you decide to do the Kegel exercise. Both men and women can do this exercise and both of them could benefit from it.
Benefits of Kegel exercise in men
Kegel exercise is done to help those who have a problem with their bladder. As we age, we could develop urinary incontinence. This means that you cannot control your urination. Factors regarding this condition are many but one of the things you could do to remedy it is to perform the Kegel exercise. This exercise will help strengthen the muscles around your pelvic area. Kegel exercise are also said to provide you with a more intense orgasm and an improvement in your erection problem.
Benefits of Kegel exercise in women
This exercise will help you prevent your pelvic floor from weakening. There are many factors that can cause the weakening of your pelvis like giving birth, old age and even being overweight. This exercise is also used to prevent pelvic organ prolapse. This is a condition where your organs descend to your vagina. The leakage of urine is one of the signs that your pelvic floor has weakened. Kegel exercise is also said to help women reach their orgasm.
How to do Kegel exercise for men
The first thing that you need to do is locate the muscle that you should control. This would be determined during your urination. While urinating, try to stop the urine from flowing using your muscles. Just relax and don’t squeeze your buttocks, also don’t move your abdomen. Some men describe this muscle as the one they use when they are trying not to fart. Contract the muscle for five seconds then release the muscle for five seconds. Repeat this exercise ten times. You should be able to do 3 sets of Kegel exercise within the day.
How to do Kegel exercise for women
Like the Kegel exercise for men, you should also find the muscle that you use to stop your urination. This could be done lying down, sitting or even while standing. Now squeeze this muscle and if you feel that your abdomen or your butt contracting, then you are not doing the exercise properly. Once you get the hang of it you must contract the muscles for three seconds and relax for another three seconds. You should repeat this for ten to fifteen times. You should be able to do 3 sets of this exercise all throughout the day.
When will I get to see the results?
To be able to see the positive results, you should remember to exercise regularly. It is an easy task and you could do it anywhere you are. Usually those who really do the exercise will see improvement with their urine leakage problem within six weeks of exercising. It is also important that you are sure that the muscle you are contracting is correct. If you are still not sure about the muscle you are moving, ask help from your doctor. They would be able to give you some tips on how to easily locate the right muscle.
Tips on how to remember to do Kegel exercise everyday
- Have a regular schedule for your Kegel exercise. For example, perform your Kegel exercise when you brush your teeth. Brushing your teeth would remind you that you should also do your Kegel exercise during that time.
- You could also use an alarm to let you be reminded to do the Kegel exercise.
- You can also use post-it to remind you that it’s time for the exercise. If you do not want the others to know what you are doing, you could just write codes to remind yourself about the exercise.
- You can do the Kegel exercise when you park your car. An extra few minutes in your car doing Kegel exercise wouldn’t hurt.
- You can also do the Kegel exercise while cooking or doing the dishes. Instead of just standing there and making your hands and arms work, you could also exercise the muscles in your pelvic floor.
- Perform the Kegel exercise during commercial breaks of your favourite television show. In this way, you get to enjoy watching your favourite TV program and exercise your pelvic floor during the advertisements.
- You could also perform Kegel exercise while you are taking a relaxing bath.
These are just some tips on how you could incorporate doing the Kegel exercise in your daily life. You yourself should create a routine for this exercise. You should include this in the things that you do every day so that you will benefit from it.
Cedric’s passion in his articles shows his dedication to create informative posts for his readers. He usually writes about the different topics on health like different natural remedies for constipation, becoming pregnant, healthy fats for the body and treatments for stroke patients. With these articles, he hopes to help his readers know more about their health conditions.