Packing For An Adventure When Traveling Abroad
A recent poll showed that a majority of American travelers have fitness and health on the brain when choosing a vacation destination. Most Americans say they exercise regularly while on vacation and maintain their diet while traveling. Many vacation destinations will now be tweaking services they offer to meet the demands and desires of American travelers. Some spots have already seen an increase in tourists because they already offer adventures that keep visitors active and healthy. Patagonia, Chile tours offer vacationers the opportunity to hike, swim, and row while exploring the beautiful landscapes South America has to offer.
If you’re seeking exercise, fresh air, and excitement on your next vacation, you need to pack your bags differently than you would for a relaxing beach holiday. Use these suggested packing items so that you can get the most out of your adventure packed vacation.
- Backpack – Make sure to choose a backpack that is comfortable and spacious enough to hold equipment and supplies you will need for the entire day. Many hiking escapades last for several hours and you will need to be able to house food and water in your pack.
- Boots – Pack a pair of boots that are comfortable and broken in. A day before you leave for your trip is not the right time to be purchasing a new pair to wear on vacation. You want to bring a pair that have been broken in and have proven to be comfortable. Also, don’t forget thick socks.
- Binoculars – Many of the places you will visit can be enjoyed up close and personal with binoculars. Whether you choose to hike through the rainforest or climb a glacier, you will want to see what’s in front of you and below you. Binoculars can offer further breathtaking views of the land.
- Camera – You are going to want to document every moment of your adventure. Be sure to bring plenty of batteries and a camera strap so that you’re always ready to click away.
- Sun Block & Spray – Protect your skin and eyes by wearing appropriate eyewear and lotion. I have always found the most success with sport sun blocks because they work even when you’re working up a sweat. It’s also suggested to bring some bug spray to stop mosquitoes and other winged pests from ruining your trip.
Now that you know how to pack for a unique vacation, remember to choose your destination wisely. Look into places that offer activities that you and your travel companions like to do. Check out the many Patagonia, Chile tours and choose the one that meets your likes and wants. You’re guaranteed to have a good time and remain healthy and fit while visiting this unique land.
Jesse Dugan and his team of expert writers guest blog for sites all over the web in several different categories. Follow him @JesseDugan.