Some Of The Best Water Products For Your Home
You love drinking water, but the taste you get from the liquid that comes out of the tap is not good, and sometimes almost cringe-worthy. Instead of spending hundreds of dollars every year on bottles that will hurt the environment even worse than your bank account, you decide it’s time to start looking for great water softener products. But did you know that these could cost you even more money annually and still waste natural resources?
Hard water has been demonized and water softener systems have become the well-known alternative, so many people believe they are the right solution for the home. However, filters, such as the ones from LifeSource Water and similar companies, have significantly more benefits than softeners and cost significantly less
Here are five reasons why a filter is better than a softener for your family, the environment and your bank account:
- They don’t use salt – The added salt it takes for a softening system to work properly makes a softener difficult and costly to maintain. Because of this, some people choose to use exchange tanks, so a local shop can do the maintenance for them, but there are still the adverse health effects. Not only does a softener eliminate the healthy minerals in your water, but it also increases your sodium intake every time you take a sip.
- There is no maintenance required – Over the years, it takes a lot of time to keep up a softener system. On the other hand, a filter can go years without needing extra maintenance to deliver pure water from the faucet every time.
- You help the environment – Softeners waste a lot of resources as they work. Filters, on the other hand, are able to reuse the resources that are not suitable for drinking and instead put them toward outdoor irrigation for plants and gardens.
- Drinks are more nutritious – The minerals found in water are beneficial to your health. With water softeners, however, these minerals are replaced by sodium, so you don’t get as many of the nutrients that your body needs.
- You pay only a fraction of the price – Every year, softeners cost households approximately $600 per home, which is far more expensive than other solutions. A water filter, which is better for you and better for the environment, costs closer to $200 annually. This is also significantly cheaper than purchasing bottled water or using a reverse osmosis system.
As you search for the next product to help your household improve the quality of its water, look at the benefits of filters over softeners. Not only can they save your family money every year, but they are also better for the environment, provide healthier drinks and require very little maintenance to use.
Steven enjoys writing about various topics. One of them happens to be water. If you’d like to learn more about great water softener products, please visit http://www.lifesourcewater.com/