The Safest Cars For 2013
If you look at cars 15 years ago, and look at them now, it is almost hard to believe people that people ever walked away from accidents back then. Every year, rigorous testing leads to innovative safety features to keep drivers and their precious cargo safe. Can the car you drive influence your online life insurance quotes? Sure it can, and it probably will play a more prevalent role moving forward into the future.
Years ago, the invention of antilock brakes and front air bags were a big deal; these features just don’t cut it anymore. Today, there are airbags in creative places, like at the driver’s knees so they don’t submarine under the dash, in the event of a collision. Some are even on the roof with rollover sensors. Blind spot warning system, post-collision safety system and emergency braking assist are just a few features that are now coming standard on many vehicles. So, which vehicles are considered the safest for 2013? Well, there is a lot of stiff competition, but there are a few obvious winners.
- Chevrolet Malibu Hybrid – The Insurance Institute for Highway Safety has already voted the 2013 Chevrolet Malibu Hybrid as a top safety pick. It was rated as “Good” in roof-strength, side-impact and frontal-offset crash tests. Also, when braking was tested, this hybrid was able to stop from 60 mph in 119 feet, which is significantly shorter than its competition. Starting in the summer, rear side airbags will even become standard.
- Lexus GS – If you are looking for a luxury vehicle, the GS stands out, primarily for the strength of its roof. If you are in a rollover collision this is the vehicle you want to be in. When tested, the roof withstood a force that was equal to 4.88 times the actual vehicle weight.
- Mazda CX-5 – The roof of this vehicle can withstand 5.47 times its vehicle weight, and at a much more affordable price than the Lexus GS. Stopping from 60 mph takes 121 feet, which is better than average, and in addition to a long list of standard safety features, a blind spot warning system is optional.
- Acura RDX – Top scores on crash tests, a powerful engine and impressive fuel economy are putting the RDX ahead of its competition for 2013. A rearview camera comes standard for 2013, a feature most other vehicles charge for, if they even have it available. It also includes turn signal mirrors and a whiplash protection system in front head restraints; two other features that are hard to come by.
- Ford Edge – An all-wheel drive Edge can stop from 60 mph in 122 feet, which is excellent for a sport utility vehicle. It scored perfectly in frontal-offset, roof-strength and side-impact cash tests. As far as safety features, the Edge has it all. The Collision Warning System comes with emergency braking support so it will engage if the driver doesn’t react quickly enough. A rearview camera and rain sensing wipers add to the list of safety features as well.
- Toyota Sienna – When compared to the competition, the Sienna does fall short in terms of fuel-economy and cargo capacity, but with an unbelievable driver death rate of zero, it is hard to complain. It receives “Good’ crash test ratings and not only does it have a driver side knee airbag, the side curtain airbags feature rollover sensors.
- Ford Fiesta – There is a lot to get excited about with this compact car, and at such an affordable price, it is hard to pass it up. It excels in braking abilities, and scored perfectly in crash tests. It has airbags galore, blind spot mirrors and the Sync Element package gives you a 911 assist function.
Next time you are looking for online life insurance quotes, take notice if they ask what type of vehicle you drive, as this is becoming increasingly important. A few other recommended picks include the Chevrolet Sonic, Ford Focus, Hyundai Elantra, Mini Cooper Countryman, Volkswagen Passat, Subaru Outback, Lincoln MKZ, Chrysler 300, Cadillac CTS, Subaru Forester, Chevrolet Equinox, GMC Terrain, Chevrolet Traverse, Honda Odyssey, F-150 Crew Cab and Toyota Tundra.
Guest Bio: Article provided by www.lifeinsurancequotes.info, your source for instant online insurance quotes.