Vacation To Germany
There are so many things to do in Germany that even if you make several trips, there will still be plenty more things remaining that you won’t have time to do. Here are just a few of the fun and interesting things to do in Germany.
- Explore castles. The German countryside is full of ancient castles that give you a look into the past. Many of them have been renovated and are well preserved.
- Attend some of the holiday celebrations that occur at different times throughout the year. Check with local tourist bureaus to find out more about events scheduled for the time of year when you will be visiting.
- Take a boat ride when in Frankfurt. Choose from daytrips or short cruises. Ride a small ferry or on a large cruise liner.
- Attend at free concert at St. Petrikirche in Hamburg, scheduled for every Wednesday throughout the summer.
- Go for a long walk or hike in the Black Forest, taking in the almost mythical beauty of these dark woods.
- Spend a day at Europa-Park, a German theme park designed to bring other European countries to life. The park is also home to Europe’s largest roller coaster.
- Take a wine-tasting tour and visit some of the many vineyards on the banks of the Rhine.
- Spend a weekend at a spa and health resort for which Germany is known.
- Many tourists enjoy shopping when on vacation. Shopping can be a fun activity where you can buy items that you might not be able to find as easily back home. Although there are all kinds of shops to be found throughout Germany, there are some major shopping areas.
- Friedrichstrasse, Berlin is the city’s entertainment and business district. Following the street to what was once East Berlin is where shoppers can find upscale boutiques and department stores.
- Munich City Center is the place to go if you are shopping for the latest fashions and trends from top-notch designers. Here is where you can find famous label clothing apparel, footwear, handbags and cosmetics.
- Centro Oberhausen is Europe’s largest shopping complex. Situated on what was once the site of a steel factory, the 200 plus shops, restaurants and cafes attract more than 20 million people each year. The nearby theme park is another popular tourist attraction.
- Wertheim Village is where you can go for outlet shopping if you are looking for bargains on top designer brands. Buy last season’s fashions at up to 60 percent savings off what you would pay retail.
After you are done shopping, each of these locations offers other places of interest for tourists to visit, making it easy to combine shopping and sightseeing.
These are just a few of the reasons to plan a family vacation to Germany, a fairytale land of castles and scenic beauty.
This article has been written by Irina Kirilov on behalf of Thrifty Rent a car Bucharest . Irina loves visiting exotic places together with her family and hopes to buy a house in Provence someday.