4 Great Salads For The Spring
I am sure you have a few favorite spring salad recipes; I do, too. But these four salad recipes are probably some of the best you’ve never tried before. I know you and your family love those tried-and-true recipes, and I know you’re also going to love these. The first is a treat for your taste buds that includes grapes and nut covered goat cheese.
Spring Salad with Grapes and Pistachio-Covered Goat’s Cheese
1/4 cup chopped and shelled dry-roasted pistachios
1/2 cup goat cheese
1/4 cup Easy Herb Vinaigrette
1 small package gourmet salad greens
1 cup seedless red grapes, halved
1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
1. Put the finely chopped pistachios into a shallow dish. Divide the goat cheese into 12 balls. Roll each ball in the pistachios. Set aside.
2. Combine the greens with a favorite vinaigrette dressing in a large mixing bowl, and toss gently. Put some of the greens on each of 4 salad plates. Top each plate with 1/4 cup grapes and 3 cheese balls. Sprinkle with a little pepper and serve immediately.
The second of our four spring salads is a salad we like to call Strawberry Lemon Delight which features a Strawberry Lemon Basil Dressing. Doesn’t that sound good? Here’s the recipe.
Spring Salad with Strawberry Lemon Basil Dressing
slivered almonds, (we will toast these)
shredded coconut, (we will toast this as well)
a bag of mixed greens
freshly chopped strawberries
1.5 cup fresh strawberries
1/3 cup packed fresh basil
3.5 tbsp fresh lemon juice
1.5 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
2-3 tsp pure maple syrup
fine salt and black pepper
1. Preheat the oven to 320° and toast almonds 6-7 minutes. Once toasted, remove the almonds and toast the coconut for another 3 minutes. Make sure to keep a close eye on the coconut so it doesn’t burn.
2. Put strawberries, basil, lemon juice, and oil in a processor and chop until smooth. Next, add the salt and pepper, and maple syrup and process once more until all the ingredients are mized..
3. Plate the salad however you like.
Here’s a recipe for an easy spring salad. It’s called the:
Stress Free Spring Salad.
10 grape tomatoes cut in half
sliced red onion
sliced red pepper
salt and pepper
Put all the ingredients in a bowl and let them marinate overnight.
The last recipe is for Strawberry Yogurt Bites. I know. It’s not exactly a salad recipe, but you’re going to love it. You can call it a dessert salad if you must.
Strawberry Yogurt Bites
3 6 oz containers of strawberry low-fat yogurt
1 pkg strawberry-flavored gelatin
8 fresh strawberries cut in half
1. Mix yogurt and dry gelatin in microwaveable bowl. Microwave on high for 5 minutes, stirring every two minutes, unto gelatin is dissolved.
2. Spoon into 16 paper-lined mini muffin tines.
3. Refrigerate until firm, about 1 hour.
4. Remove from liners and top with strawberries.
This article was written by ezCater. EzCater has been providing Memphis catering as well as hundreds of other cities throughout the US since 2008.