4 Quick And Healthy Dinner Ideas
Very few people have the time to spend 2 hours preparing dinner at the end of the day. Most often, this leads to eating fast food, which is not a healthy meal option. Luckily, there are quick and easy dinner ideas that can be made in less than an hour. Here are a four of them below:
Pan Salsa with Chili Rubbed Steak
8 ounces of ½ inch cut steaks (any cut will do)
2 diced plum tomatoes
1 tablespoon of chopped cilantro
2 teaspoons lime juice
1 teaspoon of olive oil
1 teaspoon of chili powder
½ teaspoon of salt
1. Sprinkle both sides of steak with chili powder and ¼ teaspoon of salt.
2. Heat olive oil on high heat in a skillet.
3. Add steaks into skillet and cook for 1 to 2 minutes per side.
4. Remove steaks from skillet and cover with foil.
5. Add tomatoes, salt and lime juice into skillet. Cook until tomatoes are softened. Stir periodically.
6. Remove from heat and stir in cilantro.
7. Top steaks with salsa and stir.
Another quick and healthy dinner recipe can be something as simple as a chicken salad. All you need is a chicken breast or two along with some fresh greens and vegetables. The chicken can be cooked in a skillet or oven for 30 minutes seasoned with salt, pepper and a few herbs. Once cooked, cut into strips and serve over a salad.
Sesame Orange Shrimp
3 tablespoons of sesame seeds
1 pound of peeled and de-veined shrimp
2 egg whites (large)
2 tablespoons of canola oil
¼ cup of sherry (not cooking sherry)
¼ cup of cornstarch
¾ cup orange juice
1 teaspoon of sugar
1 scallion (thinly sliced)
2 tablespoons soy sauce (reduced sodium)
1. Add egg whites, salt, pepper, sesame seeds and cornstarch into a large bowl. Wisk
2. Add shrimp into bowl and toss to coat shrimp.
3. Heat 1 tablespoon of canola oil in skillet over medium heat.
4. Add shrimp and cook for 1 to 2 minutes per side or until golden. Lay on paper towel to drain.
5. Add orange juice, soy sauce and sherry into skillet.
6. Bring to a boil and cook until slightly thickened. Stir periodically.
7. Add shrimp to pan and stir.
8. Sprinkle with scallion and serve.
Lastly, a healthy dinner recipe that takes no time at all is preparing vegetarian pita wraps served with a small garden salad. In order to do so, gather a few vegetables such as lettuce, spinach, tomatoes and carrots, and prepare your pita wrap and garden salad.
Guest post by ezCater.com. The easiest, most reliable way to find and order Boise Catering.