How To Choose An Engagement Ring That Will Leave Her Jaw Dropping
You finally found your soul mate; now you want to find the ring that will have leave her mesmerized. If you are planning to marry your girl, you must have an idea of what she likes. If your residence is not in a major city like New York City, but close, let’s say you purchase your engagement ring in New Jersey; there are still plenty of opportunities to find that perfect engagement ring that will sweep your lady off her feet.
Hopefully, you have saved up enough bucks to purchase the “wow” ring. You know, the words she will say once she opens that engagement ring box. Usually websites will give you bits and pieces of information about engagement rings, which ones are the best, and all the usual jargon. But what you really want to know is how to choose an engagement ring that will make that special moment memorable .
Here are a few tips about how to choose an engagement ring in New Jersey, or anywhere else:
1. Check your budget, you want the best for less. However, if you want to spend a bit more go for the best. Be realistic but not cheap.
2. Do you know your lady’s ring size? If not, sneak one of her rings and have it measured. Take your cell phone and take a few snapshots of what she likes. You can’t go wrong.
3. Ask her good friends. You know how women love to talk, if they can’t lead you to a drop-dead gorgeous engagement ring for your girlfriend, who can?
4. Keep yourself in mind, in fact, be a bit selfish. Remember, whatever you buy for her you will probably end up wearing as well. If you purchase a cheap yellow diamond, you will have to stare at one your finger as well.
5. You can check the Internet for advice from gemstone experts; however, after you have your work cut out for you. Avoid diamonds with color grades below H; too yellow, or cut grade below “very good,” not enough luster. Actually, selecting a clear color and supreme cut over additional carats is a sure winner. However, if she is expecting something similar to the Hope Diamond, you have your work cut out for you.
6. Think beyond the box. Emeralds, black diamonds, and sapphires are great choices as accent or center stones.
You have a selection of three major styles: traditional, vintage, and custom design. Of course, the custom design would be spectacular. Just imagine the look on her face when you show her a bespoke engagement ring with stones the same color as her eyes. Now that’s what you call engagement ring shopping, tinged with a whole lot of love. When shopping for an engagement ring in New Jersey, keep these tips in mind.
Jillian Johnson is a professional content writer who enjoys lifestyle writing. Follow her @MissWritey.